Here are some facts about me!
In the past month I have met so many new people. Through the DFWcon and through social media and traveling I decided to do a summer break blog post this week. Here are a few facts about me you might not know…All are true except one…See if you can guess…Share in the comments please!
- The first book I chose for myself from a library was a mystery by Phyllis A. Whitney–The Mystery of the Black Diamonds is about an author who takes his two kids, a boy and a girl, to stay in a ghost town for the summer while he researches his next book. Sound Familiar? STORY OF MY LIFE! No wonder I grabbed it.
- I spent two years making cheesecakes for a female impersonator nightclub in LA in the 80’s.
- I spent 20 years as a working and non-working actress. I sang and acted but dancing came a distant third. Still my last musical was choreographed and directed by Lester Wilson. If you don’t know who he was check out Saturday Night Fever as a reference—he choreographed that among other things.
4. Yes my two oldest friends are famous and they both asked me to do the E True Hollywood story for them! But remember we met when we were 5 so no one was famous back then.
5. I am married with two daughters, a husband and a dog.
6. I am a cancer survivor
7.I worked as a lifeguard the summer I was 16.
8. I have worked since I was 8 when I got my first job folding jewelry boxes in the hotel gift shop in Durango.
9. I am a descendent of George Washington on his mother’s side through my mother’s side.
10. I am a huge huge huge musical theatre fan and know more songs than I can count from all types of music.
11. I wrote songs and recorded demo tapes before I had kids.
12. I wrote my first song when I was four and all I know was that it was about my dog.
See if you can guess and I will answer in a comment or another post later in the week.
This was tough because all are plausible…number 6, but I have no idea why.
I actually am an 8 and 1/2 year cancer survivor. And incredibly grateful. Give it another try!
Hi, I’m going with number 1, I think you are too young for a book published in 1954!
Stab in the dark but #2 or #11
I’m going to guess that the first book you got was not that book. After following you on IG for awhile I know some of the others are true. 😉
I’m thinking #8 or possibly #2